The Economics of Certification
Whether you are looking at CMMi, ISO 9001, or some other form of certification in order to appease your clients, the first question a good waterfaller should ask is how much is this gonna cost me? This requires understanding the certification process and exploring a few more questions.
- What are the best shortcuts to getting certification?
- Are certifications transferable?
- Can I buy one on eBay? If so, what is the going rate?
- What is the return on investment on wining and dining the certifier?
- How much do I need to spend on entertainment?
- Do I need to buy consulting or training from the certifier?
- What tools impress the certifiers?
- Are there any good random documentation and metrics generators available that are good enough to make it look like we really did some of this stuff?
- With regard to ethical issues, how far can I go before I risk getting caught?
- What are the best ways to cover your tracks so that it looks legit?
We take an in depth look at the economics of certification to answer these questions and many more.